You have probably seen this side dish cropping up in your local grocery store and favorite restaurants. Cauliflower Rice is a great way to add some variety to your plate and introduce fun new textures and flavors to your favorite rice dishes. What I like most about cauliflower rice is its versatility; you can mix it in with traditional rice, have it stand alone, have it as a wonderful side dish or jazz it up and make it the star of the plate. When working with this dish have fun and be creative! The possibilities are endless!
TeamRPC’s Holistic Nutritionist Lora Ulrich, provided this recipe and I am sharing it with you, hoping that you will love it as much as I do!
Prep & cooking time: Less than 10 minutes!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons broth (or water)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Working in batches, pulse cauliflower in food processor about 10 times until it resembles rice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot and cook for a few minutes until onions are softened and carrots are still crisp.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring often
- Add cauliflower and turmeric, stirring to combine
- Add broth, salt and pepper and cook for a minute until heated through
- Top with slivered almonds.