- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Pepperoni, sliced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup almond cheese (optional)
- Fresh parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Slice each bell pepper into 4 equal slices, carefully removing the seeds.
- Top each pepper quarter with pizza sauce and your choice of toppings.
- Season the slices to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If using, sprinkle almond cheese on top of the slices.
- Place the pizza bites carefully on a baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. If using almond cheese, stick them under the broiler and broil on high for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on top and serve.
This recipe is from Paleo Leap