1 lb hot Italian sausage
1 broccoflower floret (you can substitute cauliflower – but it won’t be quite as gorgeous!)
1 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1/2 a large pepper)
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Begin heating a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Remove the casing from the spicy Italian sausage.
- Brown the sausage in the pan, using a fork or spatula to break up into pieces.
- While the sausage is cooking, cut up the broccoflower into smaller florets, place in a 8×8 glass dish, cover with plastic wrap and heat for 4 minutes on high in the microwave. (Alternatively, you can steam the broccoflower for a few minutes making sure not to overcook.)
- Place the broccoflower in a food processor and pulse until approximately the size of rice. (in multiple batches if necessary.)
- Once the sausage is completely browned, add the “riced” broccoflower to the pan and stir while cooking for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the red bell pepper and parsley.
- Serve warm.
This recipe comes from Paleo Spirit.com