During self-quarantine, I am experimenting with recipes and having a lot of fun in the process. I found Crispy Zucchini Fritters – a healthier substitute to french fries and keto friendly. I served these zucchini fritters as a side with steaks.
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/3 cup Almond flour
- 4 ounces Ricotta cheese (Rita’s note: I substituted Feta Cheese crumbled in a food processor)
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Keto friendly oil for pan frying
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 coves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Heat a thin layer of keto friendly cooking oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spiralize the zucchini well and chop into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, egg, almond flour, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, chives, parsley as well as salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine well.
- Drop large tablespoons of the zucchini mixture into the heated oil in the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the fritters from the oil, and place on a towel lined plate to drain and cool.
- Serve immediately with the dill sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
DILL SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- Make the dill sauce by mixing the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and dill together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Rita’s note: I added a 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes for some heat!
Adapted from: https://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.com/