4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
1 zucchini, sliced
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 pineapple, peeled and sliced
1 red onion, sliced
Ingredients for the Teriyaki-style Sauce
½ cup coconut aminos
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup fresh pineapple juice
¾ tsp. ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce and season to taste.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, lower the heat and let simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Rub the chicken with 1/4 of the teriyaki sauce, and let marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Place the vegetables in a grill basket and grill until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Grill the pineapple for 3 minutes per side.
- Slice the chicken breasts and pineapple, and serve on top of a bed of vegetables, with the remaining teriyaki sauce.