This one is another great side dish that is similar to the Parmesan sweet potatoes I wrote about a couple weeks ago. The flavors are different and really bring out the sweetness of the sweet potato.
Sweet potatoes are really great to highlight during this time of year because they provide our bodies with a lot of different nutrients that go on to boost or heart health, immune health and blood sugar regulation.
This recipe was adapted from deliciouslittlebites.com
Image by Iva Balk from Pixabay
Serves about 4 people
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb of bacon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Begin cooking your bacon in a large skillet. Cook the bacon until it is crispy and done all the way through.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan, reserve about 2 tbsp to cook the sweet potatoes in.
- While cooking, sprinkle the cinnamon over top the potatoes. cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender all the way through.
- While cooking the potatoes chop the bacon into small, less than bite sized pieces.
- Once the potatoes are all the way cooked and the bacon in, pour in the maple syrup, and serve warm!