- Grass-fed butter (coconut oil would also work but the butter gives a great flavor)
- 1/2 large vidalia onion
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef (if using lean beef you may need to add an egg to hold the meatballs together)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium tomatoes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put skillet on medium-high heat.
- Then dice onions and add them to the skillet with 1-2 tbsp of butter. Saute for around 5 minutes until translucent.
- While the onions are cooking take grass-fed ground beef and roll it into small 1 1/2 inch balls. Add the meatballs to the pan and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, flipping over to get even cooking, and adding any additional butter if needed to prevent sticking.
- While the beef is cooking, wash and dice up the zucchini and tomatoes. Add those to the skillet next along with the seasonings.
- Place a lid over the skillet and reduce to medium heat. Cook for around 10 minutes until tender, stirring as needed.
- Salt and pepper as desired, then serve.
This recipe was found at Eating4Balance