- 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine the pumpkin, shortening, coconut sugar, eggs and molasses in a large bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla essence and combine again.
- Sift the coconut flour, tapioca flour, spices and bicarb over the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until the dry ingredients are combined and no lumps remain in the batter.
- Spoon into the loaf tin and even the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean, and the top of the cake should feel firm when pressed gently.
- Allow to cool in the tin before removing and slicing.
This recipe is from BakingandEverything.com.