I wanted to share this recipe because it is as tasty as it is easy to make. The sweet potatoes, cheese, and turkey create a nice comination of naturally sweet and salty that is sure to make your next dinner a winner.
Sweet potatoes are really great to highlight during this time of year because they provide our bodies with a lot of different nutrients that go on to boost or heart health, immune health and blood sugar regulation.
Image by Silentpilot from Pixabay
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced in small cubes
- 2 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Over medium-low heat, in a large saucepan with extra virgin olive oil sautè the onion until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the turkey, break up with a fork, and cook it is no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Add the sweet potatoes, cumin, sage, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, approximately 5 – 10 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, sprinkle the mozzarella on top, cover then turn off the heat.
- Wait until the cheese melts before serving.
This recipe is found at SkinnyMs.com