The second major of the year is coming, and with it, your shot at a really awesome gift from us at RPCoaching, LLC. Keep reading to find out how you can be a winner!
Did you know:
- In the past 20 U.S. Opens, we’ve had 16 different winners from eight different countries.
- There have been only two players that have won it more than once during that time span–Tiger Woods and Retief Goosen. Tiger isn’t playing, and Goosen has not been a threat for several years.
- Dustin Johnson is the world’s number one ranked player, and he won the event last year. It might give him the edge, but he hasn’t had a top-10 finish in his last three events played.
- Sergio Garcia got the monkey off his back when he won his first major at Augusta, but finished 30th and 20th in the next two tournaments he played.
- Jason Dufner just won the Memorial, and players can get on a hot streak. He has a great game, and is very capable. However, he missed the cut the week before, and finished 60th at the PLAYERS Championship.
- Rory McIlroy is the #2 player in golf. He’s won this thing before. He’s not afraid of the big stage. Then again, he’s played in only two tournaments the past two months, notching a 35th place finish at the PLAYERS Championship. He may come in very rusty.
This tournament is a tough one, usually played on a difficult course that challenges the heck out of PGA pros. The top players don’t always come away with a win in this major. Take for example when Lucas Glover won it in 2009. Glover had only won one tournament in his career prior to that U.S. Open, and he was ranked 71st when he stunned the field. This major typically results in scores higher than at any of the other majors. The field gets a dose of what it feels like to be an everyday golfer playing at a local municipal course. It’s a mixed bag of…well, who knows what to expect.
so we’re going to have a little fun with this year’s U.S. Open which will be played at Erin Hills in Wisconsin. It’s the first time the course has hosted a major tournament making it a challenge for the players (most have probably never played there prior to this event).
RPCoaching, LLC wants to get you involved, get your predictions, allow you to show your knowledge of the game, the golfers, and this second major of the year. All you need to do is respond to this blog (in the comments below or via email or in our Facebook event) with your prediction for :
a. The winner of the 2017 US Open
b. The winning score
The first person to respond with the most correct answers wins. In the event of a tie, the response received first will be the winner. Winner receives: …wait for it…drum roll please…
…A Golf Fitness Evaluation and a weekly personal training session for four weeks** to get your game on par! Package is worth $695.
**All entries must be received prior to midnight, Wednesday, June 14th. EDT to be eligible. One entry per person. Evaluation and Personal training sessions must be scheduled no later than June 30th, 2017, and completed by 12/31/17. No cash value.