- 1 duck
- 2-3 oranges (clementines also work nicely)
- 1 bunch of rosemary
- 5-6 carrots
- 5-6 parsnips
- 3 leeks
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Crush the garlic in a garlic press. Cut the carrots and parsnips into small-bite pieces. Cut the leeks into 1-inch rounds.
- Mix all the vegetables with the crushed garlic and spread this mixture on the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Cut the oranges into quarters. Stuff the orange pieces and the rosemary into the cavity of the duck.
- Sprinkle the duck with some crushed black pepper.
- Place the duck on top of the roasted vegetables.
- Place the pan into the oven at 375F. Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and, using a baster, spread the juices over the duck and the vegetables. This helps keep them from drying out.
- Baste every 20 minutes or so until the duck is fully cooked. Total cooking time should be about 2.5 hours.
For more great Paleo recipes: http://thepaleodiet.com/rosemary-orange-duck-with-roasted-vegetables/#.VqtuOSorLIU