- 4 lamb shanks (about 20 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp lemon peel grated
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with the parsley, garlic, oregano, and lemon peel.
- In a small saucepan, sauté onion and carrot in oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine and bouillon. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour over lamb. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove lamb and keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat. In a small saucepan, bring juices to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with lamb.
Recipe provided by Readers Digest Best Health https://www.besthealthmag.ca/recipes/slow-cooker-burgundy-lamb-shanks/