Water to cook Pasta
Avocado and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
¼ cup Cashew Nuts
½ an Avocado
½ cup loosely packed Basil
½ cup chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes (oil packed, but drained)
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
2 tablespoons reserved Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 tablespoon Water
1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Cook Spaghetti according to directions on package.
- Whilst the Spaghetti is cooking, prepare pesto.
- Combine all ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Little bits of unprocessed Cashew is fine, as it adds texture to the sauce.
- Once blended, transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve cooking water. Combine pasta with pesto and toss till noodles are coated well. Add about ½ a cup of reserved pasta water and toss, to loosen up the pesto.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is from Crazy Vegan Kitchen