This recipe takes a little bit of time to prep but is it worth it! Packed with nutrient dense ingredients that offer vital co-enzyme Q10, this salad is one that not only looks great but will make you feel great as it fuels your body.
Find more recipes like this at whatsupusana.com
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt, or to taste
- Pinch of ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 small heads of broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup tarragon, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
Buttermilk dressing: Whisk all ingredients in a bowl, seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste. Cover and chill for up to five days.
Salad: Stir together shallot and 2 Tbsp. buttermilk dressing in a small bowl and set aside. Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling, salted water until crisp-tender, about one minute. Transfer broccoli into a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain broccoli and place on a towel-lined baking sheet. Return water in pot to a boil and cook quinoa until slightly al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain and toss with 2 Tbsp. buttermilk dressing in a large bowl and season with salt to taste. Let cool. Add dressed shallot, broccoli, parsley, tarragon, pistachios, and 2 Tbsp. buttermilk dressing to quinoa and toss to combine.