This soup takes just 20 minutes from start to finish! I love my instant pot! This soup is perfect for this time of year and the ginger added boosts the health benefits of this soup.
You can add variety to this recipe up by varying what you use to garnish the soup. The recipe calls for toasted pumpkin or squash sees but you could use Parmesan cheese, croutons, or sunflower seeds.
This recipe was adapted from Laura Pazzaglia from hippressurecooking.com.
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 1 sprig sage
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of toasted pumpkin or squash seeds to garnish
- Select Saute to preheat the pressure cooker. When “Hot” appears add in the onions, sage, salt, and pepper. Saute until the onions are soft.
- Move the onions aside and add enough squash cubes to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Let them brown for about five minutes, stirring them infrequently.
- Add the rest of the squash, vegetable stock, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 10 minutes under pressure.
- When the time is up, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the woody sage stem.
- Puree the contents until smooth, and then serve in bowls with the toasted seeds as garnish.