During the holidays it is easy to find yourself needing to prepare a dish for a party or gathering. This dish is a nice addition because its quick, savory, and delicious! After slicing up your potatoes its as easy as combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing.
What I like most about this recipe is its use of sweet potatoes which have amazing health benefits. Sweet potatoes have been linked to improving heart health, immune strength, and balancing blood sugars naturally within the body.
This recipe as adapted from eatingwell101.com
This recipe will make enough to serve about six.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (use more if needed to coat all cubes evenly)
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes. Put the cut pieces into a large mixing bowl. You could also cut them into slices depending on your preferences.
- Put garlic, oil, salt cheese, and seasoning into the bowl with the sweet potatoes and mix it all together until it is nicely coated.
- Grease a baking dish and arrange the sweet potatoes so that they are spread out but not on top of each other. If you sliced the potatoes versus cubing them you can arrange them into a nice spiral so they are overlapping or lay them flat.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender all the way through.