- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, oil, the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top each cap with about 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture, spreading evenly. Return to the oven and roast until the breadcrumbs are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Easy cleanup: Recipes that require cooking spray can leave behind a sticky residue that can be hard to clean. To save time and keep your baking sheet looking fresh, line it with a layer of foil before you apply the cooking spray.
This recipe is found at EatingWell.com