1 pound salmon (wild caught)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1 large shallot, diced
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 medium lemon, zest and juice
1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat
2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place salmon in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle both sides with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil, garlic and shallots. Sauté until garlic and shallots soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and coconut milk, and bring liquid to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and add basil.
- Pour over salmon and bake uncovered for about 10-20 minutes, or until salmon has reached desired temperature.
This recipe was found at PaleoPlan.com