Pie Crust Ingredients
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup butter, or clarified butter, melted
1 tsp salt
Pie Filling Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp Paleo cooking fat
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup homemade barbecue sauce
1 cup lettuce, chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 avocado, chopped
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Pie Crust Preparation
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, butter and salt. Blend until a doughy texture takes shape.
- Transfer the dough into a 9 inch pie dish and press it out evenly into the dish so that the complete surface is covered.
Pie Filling Preparation
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet over a medium-high heat, melt the cooking fat and sauté the onions in the cooking fat until they become slightly translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until the beef has cooked through.
- Mix the barbecue sauce in with the beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 2 more minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the beef into the pie crust and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Prior to serving, cover the surface of the pie with chopped lettuce, red bell pepper and avocado.