- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp your choice of nut butter, smooth
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 10 oz carob chips (1 bag)
- In your food processor, combine everything except the carob chips and coconut oil and purée until smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides halfway through.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add 2-3 tbsp of carob chips depending on how chocolate-y you like your cookie dough. Combine well and pinch and roll the dough into balls slightly smaller than a ping pong ball.
- Pop in the freezer for an hour or refrigerate for at least 2.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining carob chips and coconut oil over a double boiler. When your cookie dough balls are cold enough and firm, using a fork, dip them into the melted chocolate and transfer onto a wire rack lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all done and let cool for a while before popping them into the fridge.
This recipe is found at Food Matters