- 2 large chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 32 ounces organic chicken broth
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalepenos, de-seeded and diced
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped fine
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1-2 cups water
- In a crockpot or large dutch oven over med-high heat, place a dash of olive oil and about ¼ cup chicken broth. Add onions, garlic, jalapeno, sea salt and pepper and cook until soft, adding more broth as needed.
- Then add all of the remaining ingredients and enough water to fill to the top of the pot. Cover and let cook on low for about 2 hrs, adjusting salt & pepper as needed.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, it should shred very easily. Try using the back of a wooden spoon and press the cooked chicken against the side of the pot or use a fork/tongs to break the chicken apart and into shreds.
- Top with avocado slices and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
This recipe is from Linda Wagner.net