2 tbsp Malaysian red palm fruit oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
12 oz. okra, cut into 1/2-inch-thick-slices
2 plum tomatoes (about 10-ounces), seeded and chopped
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 4 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the okra and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the okra is tender, 14 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt
From The Virgin Diet