This Sweet potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet is a quick recipe for your lunchtime. Gluten-free and healthy easy dish without scarfing in flavour! Enjoy!
Author: Primavera Kitchen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh shrimp
- 3 cups trimmed and coarsely chopped kale leaves
- Ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until onions are soft and golden.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potato and cook until soft. It is about 10-15mins. If you need, add a few tablespoons of water to help steam the sweet potato.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn pink.
- Turn the heat to low and add kale, stirring until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.